Thursday, October 7, 2010

Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend

A long-time friend of mine was burried today. His new wife of 7-months is also a close friend. I can't begin to imagine what she's going through. She waited so long for love to find her again... only for it to be taken from her so quickly. I don't know how his kids are dealing with it, either, after losing their mother.... I believe it was 2 or 3 years ago. I wasn't in town when she died, but I know he was devastated.

I am happy for him that he found love one more time before he died. I am happy for my other friend that she found love with him again. At over 40 years old she seemed a school girl again when they got together. Life is so precious. Sometimes we need to put aside out differences and realize this. It's not always easy, but eventually someone needs to be the bigger, better person and extend the olive branch. Unfortunately, most times, people only realize this all too late. I know that I am fortunate to have all of my loved ones in my life. As life goes on, I know I will lose many of them. All I can do at that point is thank God for each and every day that I had with them - each smile, each tear. It's a sad day, but filled with so many happy memories.

Do me a favor - give someone a hug today, please.
Thanks!

No comments: