Saturday, September 18, 2010

The new job!

I haven't written in a while, but I have to say that my new job is very refreshing! I'm not the boss. I'm not anything special. I'm just a server. I go to work, serve the public, and go home and have a life. I've been in management so long... it's nice to just have a regular 40-hour week job. I'm not saying that I'll never go back into management. I'm just saying that it's nice to have a break.

It's nice to interact with customers without having to worry about what 10 other people are doing ever second. It's great! I truly thought I'd be in management forever... but that last job really took its toll on me. Maybe I'm just at the age where I realize there's more to life than work. I've had a great time - both at work and in life - since I quit my last job. I have time to fish, I have time to write. I have time to just be lazy if the mood strikes. I try not to do that too often, but I have to say that the occasional nap does creep up on me.

So, I know this is a pretty lame post, but I'm ready to write more.... and I still work with the public, so there's always plenty of fodder there! Take care all and read well and often!

No comments: